Re: [O] [calfw] Better use of space

From: SAKURAI Masashi
Subject: Re: [O] [calfw] Better use of space
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:50:53 +0900

Thanks for your comment!

At Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:32:48 +0200,
Rasmus wrote:
> :
>
> Emacs has several built-in word wrapping mechanisms.  See
>    Options → Line Wrapping in this buffer
> for an overview.  My preferred method is Word Wrap.  Whether this can
>    easily be utilized by calfw I don't know.

Yes. I seem this word wrapping algorithm is a simple one (it may be
the same as 'fill-region'), which is shown at the Wikipedia. To fill
out the narrow space efficiently, I think hyphenation is needed.
I will continue to search the better algorithm.

> > If you have a time, will you check it out?
> > I would like to hear feeling from the not East Asians users,
> > using line breaking without no smart word-wrapping and hyphenation.
>
> It works okay.  The problem is not so much the line breaking as the lack
> of appropriately segregating entries.
>
> The following view is decent, and word wrap certainly improves
> the ease of obtaining information:
>    http://ompldr.org/vYThpOQ
>
> On the other hand information is not easily obtained from a week with
> lots of scheduled class from a single file:
>    http://ompldr.org/vYThpYQ
>
>  - An easy solution might be do add a `\n' but this might not always be
>    desirable.
>  - Events could also be separated by lines.
>  - Different shades might also be a possibility. Here is a screenshot of
>    my Gnus group buffer which is striped.
>       http://ompldr.org/vYThpZQ

I think the current look needs to improve in the case of many
schedules too.

Many schedule items, like Japanese TV programs guides...
https://twitter.com/#!/kiwanami/status/110721726375145472/photo/1/large

I'm going to try some improvement, such as inserting a horizontal
line, applying different face on the first lines and shading like gnus
group buffer.

I will inform here again.
Thank you,

--