Re: [O] Column view capture specific parts only

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Column view capture specific parts only
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:03:31 +0200

Johnny <address@hidden> writes:

 Hi Johnny

> I have a nice outline set up in column view and would like to capture
> different versions of this into org-tables. There is far too many
> properties to get quick overviews, e.g. one table-capture I'd like to do
> contains only the task name and the committed delivery in ascending
> order,

A case-study org file would have helped here. :-(

No file? vague answers :-(

Use different definition of columns:

* first 2 properties
:PROPERTIES:
:COLUMNS:  %40prop_1 %Prop_2
:END:
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1

#+END
> and another would contain only task and task-lead in ascending
> order.

* other propts
:PROPERTIES:
:COLUMNS:  %40prop_3 %Prop_4
:END:
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1

#+END

you can change the order with M-x org-sort

hth
Giovanni