Re: [O] [babel] Specifying buffer-wide header arguments: #+property vs #

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Specifying buffer-wide header arguments: #+property vs #+babel
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:21:27 -0600

Bernd Weiss <address@hidden> writes:

> On 20.10.2011 14:58, Bernd Weiss wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> With respect to the "#+BABEL..." syntax, I vaguely remember that this is
>> deprecated. The Org Mode Manual, however, (still) mentions both ways...
>> <http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-arguments-in-Org_002dmode-properties>.
>
> Earlier this year, Dan Davison wrote:
>
> "Please note that it is possible to make an equivalent setting using
>
> #+PROPERTY: session *R*
>
> In fact, I suspect we are going to drop #+BABEL entirely, so please
> consider it deprecated and use this form instead."
>
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-02/msg00672.html>
>

> I am wondering if this statement still holds true?

Yes, I would hope to drop #+BABEL: this at some point.  In fact perhaps
this should happen sooner rather than later i.e., before the last merge
of Org-mode into Emacs before the release of Emacs24.

If there is no complaint I may make this change in the Org-mode git
repository now.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte