Re: [O] "git describe" in version of info file with "make info_git_descr

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] "git describe" in version of info file with "make info_git_describe"
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:07:58 +0200

Hi Carsten and Bastien

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 16:44, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> is there an agreement that this is a good patch?  I have not followed the
> discussion.....

Let me summarize:

> On Oct 16, 2011, at 9:12 PM, Michael Brand wrote:
>> The previous patch attachment had a wrong mime type, could therefore
>> not be caught by patchwork and has not been accepted.
Only a clarification about "has not been accepted": The first version
of my patch has just not been applied, there was no disagreement or
reject. The second version was only to get my patch into patchwork at
all and to rebase it at the design level.

For the change in org-version (substitution of the "-" from the git
tag delivered by git describe with "."): As Bernt is the author of
this substitution I originally asked him if I could remove it to align
with the output of git describe and he agreed. He now has reviewed
this part of the second version of my patch and he is fine with it.

There has not yet been any review or comment on the changes in the
Makefile and in UTILITIES/set-version.pl. I would be happy if these
parts could be reviewed too.

Michael