Re: [O] Link abbreviations, org-files with searches

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: Re: [O] Link abbreviations, org-files with searches
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:55:27 +0100

2011/10/31 Suvayu Ali <address@hidden>:
>> I also know that I could add the "::%s" to the link, giving (4):
>>
>> #+LINK: foo     file:/long/path/to/file/foo.org::%s
>>
>> but this makes it unusable as a simple file link without search. I
>> intend to use the link in multiple places inside my document both
>> with and without searches, thus I'm still wondering about this
>> syntax-issue and the non-headline search.
>>

> How is it unusable? Shouldn't the following work with the above setting?
>
> [[foo:<search_string>][Description]]
> [[foo:*<Headline_string>][Description]]
>
> Of course I didn't have the time to test this variation, so indeed there
> could be a bug. :-p

This works when adding "::" to the end of the link. But with this
setting I cannot use the link as a simple file-link, eg. the following
does not work:

#+LINK: foo     file:/long/path/to/file/foo.org::
[[foo][Description]]

When trying to follow this link I get an error saying that there is
"no such file: /long/path/to/file/foo.org::"

/Gustav