Re: [O] Tags included in subtree export title despite tags:nil in header

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Tags included in subtree export title despite tags:nil in header
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 00:31:12 +0100

Hi Bastien and all,

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:48:06 +0100
Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > That said, the problem I am facing is org-export-with-tags
> > evaluates to not-in-toc irrespective of what is set by the tags:
> > option (see for example the test file earlier in the thread). So
> > effectively the test is not checking what it is supposed to check.
> > So I was wondering whether I missed something I should be doing.
>
> The problem is that `org-export-with-tags' is a global option,
> storing the default value for any buffer (and _a fortiori_ any
> subtree) -- while you want to check local options, which may
> be different at export time.
>
> Local options are stored in a `org-export-opt-plist'.  You get
> the value of the "tags:" option by checking the property list
> like this:
>
>   (plist-get org-export-opt-plist :tags))
>
> Hence the patch below, which you can try to make sure it does
> what you want.

That seems to work only when the EXPORT_OPTIONS property is set for the
subtree. Without the property, it doesn't pick up the tags:nil option
from the file header. Actually, the property list doesn't even have
the tags: property in it.

However I did find a solution along those lines and the final patch is
attached. :)

Cheers,

--
Suvayu