Re: [O] [OT]: Search for missing :END:

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] [OT]: Search for missing :END:
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:59:53 -0500

I just tested this.

M-x goto-char RET <reported position> RET ;; In this case 18720

Sends you directly to the end of your :PROPERTIES: line that does not have an associated :END:.

You'll simply have to then add :END: after the appropriate properties, or remove the :PROPERTIES: line that shouldn't be present (as the case may be).

Jon

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Markus Heller <address@hidden> wrote:

> AS for an example, I'm in one of my org files and I do C-TAB and get the
> following error:
>
> OVERVIEW
> CONTENTS...done
> SHOW ALL
> if: :END: line missing at position 18720
> Quit
> Mark set
>
> Where is position 18720?  I apologize if this is a stupid question, but
> I can't seem to figure this out ...

M-x goto-char RET 18720 RET

will take you there, but it's probably at the very end of the buffer: search backwards
for :PROPERTIES: and you should be able to find it (if your diagnosis is
indeed correct).

Nick