Re: [O] ODT Exporter

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] ODT Exporter
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 20:14:46 +0530

Rainer Thiel <address@hidden> writes:

> I had noticed Org Mode v. 7.8 integrates Jambunathan's ODT exporter
> that I had used successfully when it was still labelled as a
> contribution.
>
> After installing org-mode 7.8 on my Windows XP machine, I can't seem
> to be able to use the ODT exporter, though.  Trying to do so, I am
> getting the error message "Cannot find factory styles file. Check
> package dir layout".  I have set the variable org-odt-styles-dir to
> C:/Programme/Emacs/site-lisp/org/styles where OrgOdtStyles.xml and
> OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml reside, to no avail.

May I know how you have installed Org on your machine? Is it ELPA or
make <something>?

Do this: M-x locate-library RET org-odt RET

Note the directory reported. (Make sure that it is the along the
expected lines. If this is not the case, you may have to remove the old
installation.)

For things to work properly, org-odt-styles-dir should be
<dir-reported-above>/../etc/styles/*.xml.

Note that copying by hand shouldn't be necessary nor should you set the
org-odt-styles-dir explicitly by hand. Everything should happen
auto-magically.

Jambunathan K.