Re: [O] How to force redisplay?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to force redisplay?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:47:56 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden (François Pinard) writes:

> Now using this command when the problem happens:
>

> (defun fp-org-adjust-visual-margins ()
>   "Recompute visual left margins, for when they seem incorrect."
>   (interactive)
>   (message "Adjusting visual margins...")
>   (org-indent-add-properties (point-min) (point-max))
>   (message "Adjusting visual margins...done"))
>

> and it /does/ correct the display.

Well, that command already exists: `org-indent-indent-buffer'.

> I cannot reproduce it either.  It just occurs, once in a while, I did
> not find a pattern yet.

Just a few more questions. Does it happen:
- while you're typing on the incorrect line?
- while you're typing on another line?
- just after opening the buffer for the first time?
- just after opening the buffer for the first time, while you're typing
  something in it?

Also, what happens when you type something on the faulty line? The
indentation doesn't change?

Nicolas Goaziou