Re: [O] taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and proposals

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and proposals
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:47:31 -0600

2012/2/1 Christian Egli <address@hidden>:
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> But I am not clear about
>>
>> 1) how your .org file looks
>> 2) your reports.tji looks
>> 3) what I have to set in emacs / org variables to use tj3.
>>
>> Would it be possible to post a small basic example so that one has
>> something to start working with? I still feel lost.
>
> I attached a sample org file (basically the one from the worg page) that
> also sets (as file variables) the two variables that you need to set.
> Also I attached the reports.tji that I'm using. This should answer your
> question 1 and 2. As for question 3: If you take the attached org files
> all the relevant variables are set for you. If you do it manually you'll
> have to set org-export-taskjuggler-target-version and
> org-export-taskjuggler-default-reports.

Exports fine, but I get this error:
----------
$ tj3 foo.tjp
TaskJuggler III v3.0.0 - A Project Management Software

Copyright (c) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
              by Chris Schlaeger <address@hidden>

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation.

./reports.tji:33: Error: Unexpected token 'gauge' found. Expecting one
of 'alert', 'alertmessages', 'alertsummaries', 'alerttrend', 'chart',
'complete', 'completed', 'criticalness', 'cost', 'daily',
'directreports', 'duration', 'duties', 'efficiency', 'effort',
'effortdone', 'effortleft', 'email', 'end', 'flags', 'followers',
'freetime', 'freework', 'fte', 'headcount', 'hierarchindex', 'hourly',
'id', 'index', 'inputs', 'journal', 'journal_sub', 'journalmessages',
'journalsummaries', 'line', 'managers', 'maxend', 'maxstart',
'minend', 'minstart', 'monthly', 'no', 'name', 'note',
'pathcriticalness', 'precursors', 'priority', 'quarterly', 'rate',
'reports', 'resources', 'responsible', 'revenue', 'scenario', 'seqno',
'start', 'status', 'targets', 'wbs', 'bsi', 'weekly', 'yearly'
          effort { width 75 }, status { width 75 }, gauge
----------

Commenting out your report.tji like so works:
----------
taskreport status "" {
  columns bsi, name { width 150 }, start { width 100 }, end { width 100 },
          effort { width 75 }, status { width 75 } # commented out ",
gauge {width 150 }"
[...]

> Let me know if the attached files work for you out of the box. I have
> some small local changes to the taskjuggler exporter but AFAIK they
> should not influence this.

Is gauge in your tweaks or is this a tj 2.x.x specific syntax?

By the way, nice report! I'm still trying to learn the syntax and how
to hide/show different things. Yours is great.

Thanks,
John