Re: [O] Controlling pagination on headings in Latex/PDF export?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Controlling pagination on headings in Latex/PDF export?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:48:03 +0100

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Things that can easily make LaTeX become crazy is changing the color of the
>> titles. In such a case, LaTeX will allow much more easily to break after the
>> title, even if at bottom of page, as changing color somehow affects penalty.
>
> Never heard of that one (but I haven't been on comp.text.tex for many
> years now): do you have a reference to the problem somewhere?

You've made me work like our Thomas: I've made some archeology to find back
the answer given by Ulrike Fischer (on 09/22... 2008, 14:57) to one of my
questions (on FCTT, the French Tex related newsgroup):

    Le saut de page vient probablement de \color qui insere un breakpoint.
    http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?pr=graphics%2F3417

    Tu peux essayer \color{blue}\nobreak.

Translation:

    The page break probably comes from \color which inserts a breakpoint.
    http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?pr=graphics%2F3417

    You can try \color{blue}\nobreak.

Best regards,
  Seb