[O] Beamer export formatting clashes with URL link

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] Beamer export formatting clashes with URL link
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:40:01 +0800

Hi,

I just wanted to center and italicize a web URL in Beamer export. First
attempt, using /blah/, failed:

#+LaTeX: \begin{center}
/ http://www.celemony.com/cms /
#+LaTeX: \end{center}

Beamer export interpreted the extra slashes as part of the text to center,
rather than a formatting indication.

So then I tried:

#+LaTeX: \begin{center} \emph{
http://www.celemony.com/cms
#+LaTeX: } \end{center}

... which then turned into the following ugliness in the tex file:

\begin{center} \emph{
[[http://www.celemony.com/cms][http://www.celemony.com/cms]]
} \end{center}

So my question is -- is there any way to write a URL so that it exports as text
rather than dropping in the underlying bracket-y stuff?

For now, I've removed the http:// part and the slide display is okay, but I
think there should be a way to write the entire URL.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
James

--