Re: [O] Makefile restructuring

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Makefile restructuring
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:26:07 +0200

Samuel Wales writes:
> I cannot report in a full way now, but Org does not make at all for me
> now.  I do make cleanall and then make normally.

I can't parse that sentence...

> The first problem is that it now seems to expect texi2pdf.  I can't
> get it for OS configuration reasons that I cannot fix.  This was never
> a problem before.

Since all other methods of producing the documentation are not reliable,
texi2pdf is the default now and has actually been for a while,
independently of my other changes.  You can override it if you don't
have it, see below.  If you don't care about getting all of the
documentation, just do a "make compile" or "make compile info", this
would then not need texi2pdf at all.

> I tried the following patch, but it did not cause install.elc to be
> created.  So maybe this is a bad fix or maybe there are other
> problems.

Any adaptations to your local environment should be made in local.mk —
that way it is ensured that changes in the defaults do not overwrite
your local configuration.

Regards,
Achim.