Re: [O] mail integration, advice?

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] mail integration, advice?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:26:57 +0100

Matt,

>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:47:40 -0400, Matt Price said:
  > So, I'm wondering what solutions other org users have settled on.

I use gnus, offline imap, dovecot, notmuch, msmtp, bbdb3.  And org-mode
capture including links to emails works fine.

The end result is very good and stable through updates (I am using Arch
Linux too) but I have to say though it did take a LOT of configurating.

Everything works well now apart from wrapping, see below:

  > My current hopes for this: - allow me to continue using Thunderbird
  > as a backup for e.g. images and highly formatted mails --
  > thunderbird is currently set up w/ local copies of IMAP folders for
  > my current mail, plus local archives served on by dovecot that can
  > be accessed both by thunderbird and by e.g.  wanderlust.  - fast
  > search and easy-to-manage virtual folders of some kind -- I see mu
  > and notmuch are very strong on both these fronts - easy, stable
  > harvesting of email-based data through org-capture (if possible,
  > this should allow me to archive a message and still be able to find
  > it when I follow an org message link) - would be nice if

QED

Myles