[O] Sporadic problems pasting

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: [O] Sporadic problems pasting
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 12:06:30 -0700

I've been using org-mode (version 7.8.09, release_7.8.09-482-gf47915)
quite a lot over the last 24 hours to edit a file that will turn into a
Beamer presentation. During the course of this editing, I've encountered a
few problems. I'm not sure if these are org-mode or Emacs problems (I've
just updated to Emacs 24.0.96 under OS X), but the first is that on
several occasions, when cutting and pasting text in my org-mode buffer,
when I press C-y to paste (or yank), instead of doing what I ask, I get a
message in the minibuffer telling me something like

Quit: pasteboard doesn't contain valid data

At this point, I seem to be completely unable to retrieve the text I had
previously cut, which is somewhat inconvenient. To try and find out more,
I have debug-on-error set to t, but Emacs doesn't enter the debugger when
I press C-y; it just gives me that not very useful error message.

This doesn't happen anywhere close to 100% of the time, and I have no way
to recreate the problem systematically, but it happened probably 4 or 5
times during the last 24 hours.