Re: [O] Defining a new emphasis

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Defining a new emphasis
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 12:39:25 +0200

Hello,

"Francesco Pizzolante" <address@hidden> writes:

> My goal is, in fact, to keep the default behavior of the '=' marker and
> redefine
> the behavior of the '~' marker.
>
> I'd like '~' to behave exactly the same way = does but using \textsf instead
> of
> \texttt. Is it possible?

Certainly. Even if we hard code syntax, the user always has the final
word on the produced text.

For now, the easiest way is to customize `org-e-latex-text-markup-alist'
and associate `protectedtexttt' to `code' value.

Then, since you want to change "texttt" into "textsf" in `code' objects
(~text~), add your filter to the right place (and remove the previous
one):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-code-functions 'my-latex-verbatim-filter)
#+end_src

In a few days, it will be also possible to write a function like the
following (which basically means "treat code as verbatim, but use textsf
instead of texttt"):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my-latex-code-handler (code contents info)
  "Handle `code' objects in LaTeX back-end."
  (replace-regexp-in-string
   "\\`\\\\texttt" "\\\\textsf"
   (org-e-latex-verbatim code contents info)))
#+end_src

And tell the export engine to treat `code' objects with your function
instead of the default one.

Nicolas Goaziou