Re: [O] Timestamp: Forward or backward by a week

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Timestamp: Forward or backward by a week
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:07:43 -0400

SW <address@hidden> wrote:

> Pressing S-left/right anywhere on a timestamp decreases/increases it by one
> day.
>
> Pressing S-down/up on a component of a timestamp decreases/increases it by one
> unit of that component.
>
> How can we include an easy and quick way to decrease/increase the timestamp by
> one week. I find myself having to do that quite often (increase). It's not
> difficult to hit S-right/up seven times, but there is the possibility of
> miscounting.

I generally lean on S-up and watch the changing date until it gets to
where I want it - no counting.

> Should I just bind ``C-u 7 S-right`` and ``C-u 7 S-left``?

I wouldn't bother but I'm not you: if you really want to, you can define a
trivial function

   (defun sw-one-week-bump ()
       (org-timestamp-up-day 7))

and bind it.

If you need help with the latter, see the emacs manual:

   (info "(emacs) Customizing Key Bindings")

and for the gory details, the emacs lisp manual:

   (info "(elisp) Keymaps")

Nick

PS. Not sure how much emacs you know - if any/all of this is obvious, please
disregard.