[O] Outline structure and LaTeX

From: SW
Subject: [O] Outline structure and LaTeX
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 10:13:51 +0000 (UTC)

I'm preparing an academic document with several chapters. The text will
eventually exist as a LaTeX document. However, I am doing my early planning and
writing directly in an org file, making use of the structure elements (*, **,
***, etc) to provide structure and entering text for the relevant sections in
the appropriate place.

Org is a huge project and I have not explored every aspect and every contributed
extension. Is there a "best practice" approach for what I am doing? Should I
write directly in LaTeX rather? Is there an easy conversion process from an
outlined document to LaTeX? I know there org can export to LaTeX. Would that be
the best option? It has not worked well for me previously -- page breaks
appeared in the wrong place and other pages has text that flowed over the end of
the page.