[O] Annoying behavior of RET after a timestamp

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: [O] Annoying behavior of RET after a timestamp
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:24:20 -0400

There was a recent commit 8c91f690a561113eee0d16cdb6e8afc6bcae2089 to
follow a time stamp as a link. I have no problem with that but the code
uses the org-at-timestamp-p function, which (perversely IMO) thinks that
I am in a timestamp even when I'm right *after* the closing bracket; so
pressing RET after inserting a time stamp follows the link, instead of
inserting a newline. Since I do that fairly often, I find the behavior
annoying.

Can org-at-timestamp-p be taught the "correct" semantics? Or is this going
to break something else?

Thanks,
Nick