Re: [O] python/babel inline images

From: henry atting
Subject: Re: [O] python/babel inline images
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 10:43:25 +0200

"Mikhail Titov" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Yes, shows my working directory.

>> The code itself works flawlessly. So
>> the workaround which I already have used is to link to the resulting
>> image. The only drawback with this solution is that after every
>> evaluation I have to remove the empty `'Results:'
>
> You can use :results silent

This is great! Actually this solves my problem which means: create a link
to the file and set results to silent.

>> but the heck with
>> it, I can live with it happily till the end of my days.
>> However I find that some inconsistency lies therein. Before
>> python/matplotlib I used gnuplot with which babel had no problem of
>> this type.
>
> Try using
>
> ... :file exp_csv.svg
> plot.savefig(file=sys.stdout)

This does not compile, the compiler complains about missing arguments.
I have to write it like this:

plot.savefig("file.svg", format='svg')

> #+begin_src python :results output :file zzz.xxx
> import os, sys
> print(os.getcwd(), file=sys.stdout)
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS:
> [[file:zzz.xxx]]

Works as exspected.

> [...]

So, just to mention the current state of affairs (with a simple
example):

#+begin_src python   :results output
from pylab import *

t = arange(0.0, 2.0, 0.01)
s = sin(2*pi*t)
plot(t, s)
show()
savefig("file.svg", format='svg')
#+end_src

The above code works. But if I set `:file' to `file.svg' with every
evaluation the link to the file is placed after #+RESULTS: but the
file itself is empty. If the code is evaluated without `:file
file.svg' the evaluation simply works and the file.svg appears in the
working directory.

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de