Re: [O] [latex] Problems with old exporter (for Beamer) and with new exp

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [latex] Problems with old exporter (for Beamer) and with new exporter
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:06:07 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

>>> With the new exporter, most things work. What does not work:
>>> - macro does not get executed (no string in orange color),
>>
>> Macro are meant to produce contents, not to talk to back-ends. Every text
>> they produce will be protected.
>
> Do you mean the template must be pure text?

Yes. Pure text or another macro.

> Do you mean that a thing such as
> http://frozenlock.org/2011/11/05/on-the-fly-key-sequence-insertion/ won't work
> anymore?

Not at the moment, but macros may change in the future. I'm unsure about
the best level to handle them, but it's probably too high at the moment.

On the other hand, I would like to avoid too much intersection with
inline Babel calls or src blocks.  For example, expansion could happen
before buffer is parsed, like in old exporter. But at the same time,
inline src blocks are executed, so I'm sure the macro could be replaced
with such a block.

I'm open to discussion about this.

> Though, now, when trying to export to LaTeX (with the new exporter and
> up-to-date Org[1]), I get an error:

This is because you're using "beamer" as your LaTeX class, which
probably doesn't have any association in `org-e-latex-classes'.

Note that even if it had one, it wouldn't work as expected since Beamer
is not supported yet (but I'll probably implement a first draft for this
back-end soon).

Nicolas Goaziou