[O] Searching linked files

From: Marvin Doyley
Subject: [O] Searching linked files
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:16:49 -0400

Hi there,

Does anybody now how to search the content of a linked file ? I have a master file that is included in org-agenda file list. This file contains links to other research project related org files. Unfortunately, is seems that only way to search the content of the link file is to include it in the agenda file list, ideally I prefer not to do this.

To illustrate the problem, lets say I have a file myfile.org, which is included in the list of org agenda files.

myfile.org contains the following

* Apples
* Pears
* [[file:~/test.org][Farmers]]

Similarly, test.org contains

* Jack
- Cheapest supplier of Apples
- Deliver
* Joe
-  Pear supplies and other vegetables
* Bill
-  Potential supplier

Lets say I want to do a keyword search for  vegetables, I would hit C-a s. The problem is that unless I include test.org in the agenda file list, it doesn't work.

I appreciate any help or suggestion.

Cheers