Re: [O] R and babel on Windows problem

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] R and babel on Windows problem
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:41:08 -0600

> Update: I'm on 64bit and just now realized there's another set of R
> cmds in ../R-2.15.0/bin/x64/. This is what I needed.
>
> Now my problem is that using R along doesn't produce any output. With
> the above modification, I get:
>
> ,---
> | Fatal error: you must specify '--save', '--no-save' or '--vanilla'
> `---
>
> I'm quite close! If I add --no-save, I get exported results but they
> include all of the R preamble text from when it starts. Here's my
> block for reference:
>
> #+begin_src R :results output org :exports results
>
> x <- c(1:10)
> summary(x)
>
> #+end_src

The default value for org-babel-R-command is "R --slave --no-save", so
maybe adding the "--slave" option to your command will remove the R
preamble text.

As for your path problems, the "~" looks like a likely culprit.  The
command is passed to an equivalent of the `shell-command-on-region'
function, which then uses a shell to run the command.  Maybe the shell
it uses can't handle the tilde?

Best,

p.s., I'm jumping into this thread part way through and didn't read all
      of the back-log, so I apologize if I'm repeating previous advice.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte