[O] The "problem" with `flet' in Org-mode and (future) Emacs 24.2

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: [O] The "problem" with `flet' in Org-mode and (future) Emacs 24.2
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:03:38 +0900

Hello,

I'm using Emacs compiled from BZR trunk and Org-mode compiled from GIT.

Begining from some revision (I don't remember exact revno) function
`flet' was declared obsolete so Org-mode compilation is accompanied with
warnings about that.

If just ignore them then I get malfunction Org-mode. I made patch to
change all `flet's to appropriate functions and it works.

The problem is that these functions are new too. As I see it, the patch
will "break" compatability with current and older versions of Emacs.

WDYT?

P.S. As I remember there are at least two problems with Org-mode
compiled _without_ patch: exporting to HTML and code tangling.

--
Nouvelle cuisine, n.:
        French for "not enough food".

Continental breakfast, n.:
        English for "not enough food".

Tapas, n.:
        Spanish for "not enough food".

Dim Sum, n.:
        Chinese for more food than you've ever seen in your entire life.