Re: [O] Installation via el-get: info not added correctly

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Installation via el-get: info not added correctly
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:03:48 +0200

Markus Baden writes:
> I just installed org-mode via the recipe provided with the current
> development version of el-get [1]. Org-Mode is installed correctly
> into emacs.d/el-get/org-mode and the docs can be found in the doc
> subfolder. The recipe [2] adds the doc to the info via the :info "doc"
> property. However, when going to the info browser with C-h i the
> org-mode docs cannot be found. In the doc subfolder there is a file
> called "org" (no filename extension), which looks like the info file.
> After doing a "cp org org.info" the org-mode info shows up in the info
> browser.

El-get for whatever reason seems to think that all info files have a
".info" suffix, but they appear to never check if that assumption is
true.  I don't understand how they set up the info tree further on from
looking at the sources.  File a bug report for el-get I'd say.

The ".info" suffix has actually only been added quite recently with
Emacs 24.1.50 and info continues to work correctly without any suffix,
so I don't understand why el-get seemingly insists on it.

Regards,
Achim.