Re: [O] difficulty installing 7.9 with the new build system: org-version

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] difficulty installing 7.9 with the new build system: org-version not informative
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:45:54 +0200

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien writes:
>>> I'll add
>>> a file to the tarball that just defines these two variables and include
>>> that when absolutely no version is defined.
>>
>> Can't we just have this in default.mk?  Do we need yet another file?
>
> That would mean I'd have to change default.mk while building the tarball
> and then change it back afterwards.  There's no way I can make that
> completely foolproof, so I'll rather just generate a file specifically
> for the tarball that I can throw away any time without having to keep
> state.

Let me know if I understand correctly: that's because you don't want
default.mk to contain a manually inserted ORGVERSION variable, right?

Otherwise I don't see the problem with having a fallback ORGVERSION
variable in default.mk (which I'll happily insert manually, to have a
taste of the Good Old Days, when (defconst org-version "...") was
still in org.el... :)

--
 Bastien