Re: [O] Beamer onlyenv

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer onlyenv
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 09:35:02 +0200

Hello,

Avdi Grimm <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a lot of slides where I want to incrementally show arbitrary
> information or code that is *not* part of a bullet list. I've been doing it
> like this:
>
> #+BEAMER: \begin{onlyenv}<2->
> ...some content...
> #+BEAMER: \end{onlyenv}
>
> I haven't been able to find any comprehensive org-beamer docs, and I've
> been wondering: is there a nicer way to do this using org's beamer
> support?

Using new back-end (and probably the old one, /mutatis mutandis/), you
can use something like:

  (add-to-list 'org-e-beamer-environments-extra
               '("onlyenv" "O" "\\begin{onlyenv}%a" "\\end{onlyenv}"))

You can then add an headline above your information and set its
properties "BEAMER_env" and "BEAMER_act" to, respectively, "onlyenv" and
"2-". You can set easily the first one with C-c C-b when
`org-e-beamer-mode' is active.

I am thinking about providing this feature with "ignoreheading"
environments. I.e.,

* Text                                           B_ignoreheading:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
  :BEAMER_act: 2-
  :END:

  contents

would provide

\begin<2->{onlyenv}
contents
\end{onlyenv}

Though, I'm not sure about which environment to use in this case:
"onlyenv", "visibleenv", another one. Any comment about this?

Nicolas Goaziou