Re: [O] bulk rescheduling change?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] bulk rescheduling change?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:23:38 -0400

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm running from git, updating every few weeks, currently on
>
>   commit c276eeebeecba23913547f62cf4b8122f0e8efa9
>   Author: Jambunathan K <address@hidden>
>   Date:   Wed Sep 5 03:33:16 2012 +0530
>
> (that commit is surely not relevant to my question...).
>
> I often hope to get more done than I do, so I'm often faced with pushing
> scheduled items forward.  I typically do this from the agenda view, with
> 'C-c C-s' for individual items, and markings and 'B s' for groups of
> items (typically, saturday-type items to a week later).  I find that
> with individual rescheduling, I get a prompt that has no prefilled text,
> and can easily type '+1<cr>', or 'sat<cr>'.  'B s' used to behave this
> way, but now the prompt is prefilled with '<2012-09-12 Wed>', and I have
> to delete that.  This seems like a misfeature, because at least for me
> bulk-reschedulign to today is not the dominant case, and if it were . is
> easy to type anwyay.  The info file doesn't explain this.

It *should* be the case that you shouldn't have to delete the default: just
select a date from the calendar or type +2 or type a date and it should take
that. But in my (rather hastily done) experiment, it seemed to ignore any
such and in fact, when I tried to reschedule again the bunch of things that it
rescheduled for today, it would not even stop and let me enter anything.

Seems like a bug to me.

Nick