[O] org-capture target files

From: Kalev Takkis
Subject: [O] org-capture target files
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 00:25:59 +0300

Hi all,

Is it possible to take a note in org-capture and to specify one or several files to put the message into only after the note is written? The workflow I have in mind is first pressing C-c c to take a note; selecting the type of note I'd like to take; typing the message, pasting a link etc., finishing the note, with C-c C-c and then ending up in a list of available *.org files (which could already be on display in a window next to capture window) from which I can select the file(s) where to send the note to. After some ferocious googling for  the past two months it seems that this kind of system does not exist (right?).

But would it be possible to write something like that? After consulting with the org-capture.el file I have some doubts, all capture templates expect the destination file to be known beforehand, and the filename is resolved early in the  capture process. There is a template where a function is supposed to find the target and which is described as the most flexible way, but since the capture already happens in the target file in an indirect buffer, I don't think it's flexibility is enough.

What do you think, is there a way to do this?

Regards,
Kalev