Re: [O] Using org-mode for laboratory notes.

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-mode for laboratory notes.
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:20:41 +0900

Hey,

this is a nice idea and makes me wonder if it would be possible to use
templates to automatically commit all recent changes in a git repro,
and start a new day by a new fresh working space in git.
git links are already possible. The template could create a link to
the just checked in status in a extra org-file. You would end-up with
a link for each date and file that changed and following this links,
your files would magically be set-back to that particular timestamp.
Furthermore, having the capabilities to see the diff and to see the
history of not only complete files but of single headlines in org-mode
would be then very helpful.

I believe having a more tied integration of git capabilities within
org-mode could really come up with some nice solutions.

Torsten