Re: [O] sticky agenda and clock persistence interaction

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] sticky agenda and clock persistence interaction
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:37:17 +0200

Hi Brian,

Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> writes:

> I just found that if I have
>
> (setq org-agenda-sticky t)
> (org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
>
> in my .emacs---or rather in a file that my .emacs invokes with
> load-library---I get
>
> Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> `/home/brian/.emacs':
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: org-toggle-sticky-agenda

If you are not requiring Org anyhow, org-agenda-sticky will not be
known.

What if you do

(require 'org-install)

?

> in a *Warnings* buffer, whereas if I have
>
> (org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
> (setq org-agenda-sticky t)
>
> in my .emacs, emacs launches without complaint.

Because org-clock-persistence-insinuate is an autoloaded function.
So calling it will load org-clock.el which will require other Org
packages as well.

> The backtrace from running with --debug-init is attached.

(Btw, there is a suspicious ~/.emacsd/ here -- not ~/.emacs.d/.
Looks weird but maybe that's intentional.)

--
 Bastien