Re: [O] Problem with org-entities-user

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-entities-user
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 10:30:10 +0200

> On 22.9.2012, at 10:52, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> If the LaTeX command doesn't require an argument, you can always add it
>> to `org-entities-user'.
>
> Yes, even though this is not very clean by itself.

This is debatable. Entities are perfectly integrated into Org and are,
by essence, multiple-back-end friendly.

>> Anyway this is a minor point. I guess it will be swept under the rug of
>> historical reasons, after all.
>
> Maybe not. I can go along with your arguments for cleanness. Would you
> object to keeping this feature in as an option, turned off be default,
> so that it is at least easy to keep lengthy files working?

I'd rather leave it as it is, then. This option would require to
maintain two versions of the parser: one without LaTeX commands and
another one with them. That would defeat the whole point of removing
them.

> The way I understand it, the new exporter will be default in 8.0, so
> this is the time to make some incompatible changes.

Indeed. I will preserve my quota of backward-incompatible changes for
other things.

Nicolas Goaziou