Re: [O] question/suggestions about org-refile

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [O] question/suggestions about org-refile
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 08:20:19 -0700

Hello

On 09/23/2012 01:08 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> Arun Persaud <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm using org-capture together with org-refile to organize my
>> todo-items. I also have my notes distributed over several org-files, so
>> I have set org-refile-use-outline-path to file. There are two things
>> that I wished org-refile could do, but don't know how to achieve:
>>
>> a) Include local headers for level1 (instead of only file names)
>>
>> Using org-refile-use-outline-path=file the path for org refile always
>> has to start with the file name. It would be great, if in case I don't
>> give a file name, the current file name would be assumed and <tab> would
>> show org-file names and current top headings for the first level. This
>> would be helpful, since I mostly refile to the same file, but sometimes
>> move things to other files.
>
> Did you try this?
>
> (setq org-refile-use-outline-path t)

I used to have this set to file, but then I _always_ had to add the file
name even for local headlines. I now switched to ido using:

(setq ido-everywhere t)
(setq ido-enable-flex-matching t)
(setq ido-max-directory-size 100000)
(ido-mode (quote both))

(setq org-refile-use-outline-path nil)
(setq org-completion-use-ido t)
(setq org-outline-path-complete-in-steps nil)
(setq org-refile-targets '((org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 5)
(("~/org/all.org_done" "~/org/work.org_done") :maxlevel . 5) ))

(defun ap/verify-refile-target ()
  "Exclude todo keywords with a done state from refile targets"
  (or (not (member (nth 2 (org-heading-components)) org-done-keywords)))
      (save-excursion (org-goto-first-child))
  )
(setq org-refile-target-verify-function 'ap/verify-refile-target)

which works very well for me, especially once I added the
verify-refile-target.

>> b) creating sublevels on the fly
>>
>> It would be nice, if I could create new a sublevel during the refiling
>> process.
>
> (setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes t)

exactly what I wanted :)

Thanks

Arun