Re: [O] C-c ^ for plain lists? Why not?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] C-c ^ for plain lists? Why not?
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:25:29 +0200

Hello,

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> I've started to like checklists because they are a good way to keep
> account of things that have to be done, without the individual items
> being entered into the agenda (and thus transferred to MobileOrg).
>
> But I'm running into the limitation that plain lists can't be sorted
> *by their checklist status*. You can sort alphabetically, numerically
> or by time or function. So, I guess I have to write a lisp function to
> do it... but I don't have time to do that right now, but I need to
> sort the list now...
>
> Valid feature request?

There are four states: checked box, unchecked box, transitory box and no
box at all. I can't see an order that should be prevalent over others.

As such, I think it is a specific use-case that should be treated by "f"
or "F" sorting key. Such a sorting function could be an interesting Org
Hacks addition.

Nicolas Goaziou