Re: [O] org-contacts.el does not require org-agenda

From: Christopher Schmidt
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts.el does not require org-agenda
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:32:28 +0100 (BST)

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> org-contacts uses agenda functions but does not require org-agenda.
>
> No, org-contacts does not use any org-agenda.el function.

I see, some functions prefixed with org-agenda- are defined in org.el.

> It uses some org-agenda.el variables, though.
>
> What is the problem you did encounter?

    emacs -q
    M-: (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/apps/org-mode/lisp") RET
    M-: (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/apps/org-mode/contrib/lisp") RET
    M-x load-library RET org-contacts RET
    M-x org-contacts RET Richard Stallman RET

    or: Symbol's value as variable is void: org-agenda-archives-mode

        Christopher