Re: [O] How to set up a recurring task wich is automatically set on done

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] How to set up a recurring task wich is automatically set on done
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:04:50 +0100

Hi Ukhara

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Ukhara Arahku <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/11/10 Memnon Anon <address@hidden>
>> [...]
>>   DEADLINE: <2012-11-11 So ++2w -2d>
>> [...]

> In this special issue I have to do a report every two weeks and the agenda
> should only remember myself; in case the date passed, it doesn't matter:
> the status should change for a fortnight to DONE
>
> I don't want to have list of items in the agenda, which are always done and
> I have to change manually the status.

Maybe you want to use

* TODO task
  <2012-11-23 Fri ++2w>

or if you really don’t want to look ahead in the agenda and really
want the reminders on the two days before

* TODO task (due on Fri)
  <2012-11-21 Wed ++2w>
  <2012-11-22 Thu ++2w>
  <2012-11-23 Fri ++2w>

which will shift all three timestamps synchronously when set to DONE.

This can even be used without TODO when there is no need for the
possibility of getting the task out of the way when it’s done before
it’s overdue.

Michael