Re: [O] "Generic" Source block language specification?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] "Generic" Source block language specification?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:28:45 +0100

On 25/11/12 01:28, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have in a document a definition of a projection, which is essentially a
>>> text as follow:
>>>
>>> #+BEGIN_src +proj=aea +lat_1=-28.25 +lat_2=-29.75 +lat_0=29 +lon_0=30.75
>>> +x_0=0 +y_0=0
>>> +datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs #+END_src
>>>
>>> Now this does obviously not export, as the source block language is
>>> missing. Is there a way
>>> that I can get the same formating of the source in the exportes output but
>>> without the
>>> syntax highlighting?
>>>
>>> BEGIN_EXAMPLE END_EXAMPLE
>>>
>>> is similar, but I would like the block to be formated as the SRC blocks.
>>
>> Marking the src block as `fundamental' has a drawback.  One can no longer
>> have in-buffer
>> fontification of src blocks.
>>
>> A better option would be to have a custom variable which produces
>> black-and-white src blocks
>> on export.
>>
>> ODT already has this option.
>>
>> C-h v org-e-odt-fontify-srcblocks RET
>>
>> I am CCing Nicolas, to check whether he would be interested in introducing
>> an export knob for
>> this.
>
> I still don't get what is wrong with example blocks (wrt export). Would
> someone care to
> elaborate?

Yes.

In a document, I have several source blocks with "real" code (i.e. bash and R
in this case) Now I
have one block, which is not really source code, but which is "kind of" source
code, in my case a
definition of a projection for a GIS project. Now I would like to have this
definition of the
projection displayed in the exported document as the other source blocks, If I
put it into an
EXAMPLE block, it is exported to LaTeX as verbatin and not listing, and all
customisations ai have
for listings (smaller font, grey background, ...) do *not* apply to the EXAMPLE
block, but woyuld
to a "fundamental" source block. So the EXAMPLE block is in this case not
equivalent to the
fundamental source block.

Hope this clarifies the difference,

Cheers,