Re: [O] Installing complete contrib

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Installing complete contrib
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:38:34 +0100

Erich Neuwirth writes:
> I am trying to install everything contrib on
> OSX 10.8.2, Emacs 24.2.1
> When in local.mk I do

It is not a good idea to "install everything from contrib".  Some of
this is not well tested, not maintained anymore or requires special
setups to work.

> I get
> install: org-jira.elc: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 71
> make: *** [install-lisp] Error 2
> make: *** [up2] Error 2

Presumably you would find something like this further up in the output
from make:

Compiling /home/gratz/lisp/org-mode/lisp/org-jira.el...

In toplevel form:
org-jira.el:54:1:Error: Cannot open load file: jira

which means that you do not have a package that is needed to compile
this file.  If you must install files that do not even compile, you can

LISPN = org-jira.el

so that install won't look for the corresponding org-jira.elc.  But
again, it won't work anyway, see above.