Re: [O] Opendocument export causes error

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Opendocument export causes error
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 12:22:14 +0530

(Ignore my earlier mail.  Follow instruction in this mail instead.)

Symptoms tell me that you have a hoaxed installation.

Try this and see if it helps

    M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

Check where all org-odt.el is installed.  Ideally you should see only
two paths - one from vanilla Emacs and one from directory that you are
trying to use right now.

Try this next.

    M-x locate-library RET org-compat RET
    M-x locate-library RET org-odt RET

    M-x locate-library RET org-compat.el RET
    M-x locate-library RET org-odt.el RET

    (Note the presence of `.el' in later two commands)

They should all come from the same directory tree.

Try this next.

    M-x load-library RET org-compat.el RET
    M-x load-library RET org-odt.el RET

    (Order of loading should be preserved.  `.el' SHOULD be there)

Now export.

Look inside your messages buffer and examine what all ODT exporter is
trying to do.

In all likelihood, you will have a successful export.

For some more debugging, you can do,

    M-x locate-library RET org-install RET
    M-x locate-library RET org-autoloads RET
    M-x locate-library RET org-loaddefs RET

    (Try again the above commands with `.el' appended)

Ideally your .emacs MUST have (require ') for only one of these
libraries.

If you pass the censored logs from above commands then I or someone in
this list can guess what is possibly wrong.  But my guess is above steps
should suffice to figure out the remedy.