Re: [O] Trimming quotes

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Trimming quotes
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 09:47:17 +0000

On 30/12/12 05:01, Nick Dokos wrote:

PS. FWIW, my guidelines are to trim as much as possible. I include the
question(s) that I respond to and insert my answers inline.  I try to
include enough context so that somebody reading just that piece of mail
can make (at least some) sense of the questions and the answers. And I
delete any part that I'm not directly commenting on.

I agree with most of what Nick said. However, it's nice if you find a thread on something like gmane that you can get all the information in one message, so you don't have to hunt up and down the thread. So I like to see:

* Original problem
** Quoted stuff showing whats been suggested and if it failed the reasons.
** Final solution and other suggestions

In summary I would just like to look at the last message in a thread to gather all the relevant information.

Ian.