Re: [O] [new exporter] adhere org-export-date-timestamp-format?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] adhere org-export-date-timestamp-format?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 11:00:21 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Would it be desirable if the new exporter took the variable
>> org-export-date-timestamp-format into consideration when formatting
>> dates?
>
> I think so.  What do you think, Nicolas?

I'm not convinced by this variable. Back-ends are usually so much
different that a global variable aiming at formatting a date timestamp
in any of them doesn't sound very useful.

Though it may be the job of back-ends to provide such a variable
variable, whenever it makes sense.

Another option would be to allow to specify an arbitrary timestamp as
a second, optional, argument to {{{time(...)}}} macro. One could then
use:

  #+DATE: {{{time(%Y-%m-%d,<2013-01-06 Sun>)}}}

Nicolas Goaziou