Re: [O] [BUG] remote execution in heterogeneous environment

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] remote execution in heterogeneous environment
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:02:17 -0700

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus writes:
>> What about this:
> [...]
>
> Looks good, I can test it tomorrow.
>
>> The use of "/bin/sh" as fallback should be OK. In the local case, the
>> first cond clause shall be selected (otherwise there is something really
>> wrong).
>
> Yes.  But on Windows there is always something wrong… :-)
>
>> And for remote execution, "/bin/sh" should exist execept in case
>> of remote MS Windows or Android devices. Once you want run shells from
>> org there, we could even tweak this :-)
>
> I was thinking towards being able to use a restricted shell.

I'm jumping in late here a without context, so forgive me if this
suggestion is not useful.

Do either the `org-babel-sh-command' or the :shebang header argument
affect this behavior?  If not should they, or should we add a new header
argument (say :remote-shell) to allow for customization of the choice of
shell for remote execution?

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte