Re: [O] latex-export of first-column-starting emphasis broken

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] latex-export of first-column-starting emphasis broken
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:26:49 -1000

Aloha Marijn,

Marijn <address@hidden> writes:

> While visiting a file with just these two lines:
>
> * S
> /s ()/
>
> export to latex: C-c C-e p.
>
> Resulting tex file fails to compile due to the presence of:
>
> \emph{s ()\}
>
> instead of
>
> \emph{s ()}
>
> If you add a space to the beginning of the second line, then it works
> as expected. I am using this work-around for now. I'm using emacs-24.2
>
> Marijn
>
> PS Please CC me in responses, as I'm not subsscribed.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem with Org-mode version 7.9.3b
(release_7.9.3b-811-g0c9579 @ /Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/).  I
don't think I have anything in my setup that accounts for the different
result.

Here is the exported file:

% Created 2013-01-16 Wed 09:22
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\providecommand{\alert}[1]{\textbf{#1}}

\title{marijn}
\author{Thomas Dye}
\date{\today}
\hypersetup{
  pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Emacs Org-mode version 7.9.3b}}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents