Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: Ken Williams
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:11:46 -0600

Argh, forgot my platform details - I'm using:

Either org-mode 7.9.3d or 7.8.11 (same results)
Aquamacs 2.4 (but I saw the same result using Emacs on a Linux box)
Aquamacs is based on GNU Emacs 23.3.50.1.

 -Ken

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Ken Williams <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Ken Williams <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, downgrading to 7.8.11 didn't change the behavior - all
>>> code sections are still exported to HTML as class "example".
>>> I also see that on one machine, using 7.9.2, I get the desired <pre
>>> class="src src-R"> tag for R code export.  I can't figure out what's making
>>> the difference though.
>>

>> I'm grasping at straws here, having seldom exported to HTML, but have you
>> loaded the languages for babel?
>

> Yes, I believe that's set up properly, because I can do "C-c C-c" and it
> knows how to run my R sections and return the correct values.  Also, when I
> "describe org-babel-load-languages", I see:
>
> org-babel-load-languages is a variable defined in `org.el'.
> Its value is ((emacs-lisp . t)
>  (sh . t)
>  (R . t)
>  (perl . t))
>
> I'm grasping at straws too, not knowing my way around the elisp code very
> well. =)

Just tried myself on a file lying around with embedded R code, and I
get "<pre class="src src-R">" for my src blocks.

Can we back up a bit and have you post a minimal config and sample
file? Perhaps the output of =M-x org-version= as well, just to be sure
on where emacs is pulling org code from? You might have done this; my
apologies if so. Been following the thread from a distance as I didn't
have much experience with html/src code export. Just thought I'd chime
in on things I've been asked to do that usually do help the situation.

With a minimal config (like your load directories and the babel
language definitions above), we can try to replicate a bit better.
Emacs configs get long, so it's really hard to know from user to user
what else might be going on.

Thanks!
John