Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:44:20 +0100

Bastien writes:
> So I'm seriously questioning the value of having Org as an ELPA
> package and I'm thinking of removing this possibility until Emacs
> package install is fixed (Achim is working on this, but it looks
> like the change will not be in Emacs anytime soon.)

I've to admit that I've had that thought too, but it seems that doing
this would perhaps even lower the attention that Emacs' maintainers give
to that problem.  Until they admit any change into Emacs we could still
work around with advising require and salvage the ELPA users (I still
think we should do it anyway since a number of users will keep using
older Emacs versions).  Yes, it is a hairy hack.

Regards,
Achim.