Re: [O] How to deal with small projects which are often changing their s

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] How to deal with small projects which are often changing their status/ person
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:55:15 +0100

M <address@hidden> writes:

> it is not about programming and it is not about plain text files, but MS
> Office (Word) files..
>
> Dropbox is not an option, maybe a document management system (DMS) with
> versioning, but it is not in place yet.
> And even if there is, how could  I then track my workflow with Emacs?

Maybe I shouldn't say this on this list, but this actually sounds to me
like a perfect use case for Google Docs, which is very similar to Word,
can import and export to Word (or simply replace it if the Docs are not
too complex), and is very well suited for collaborative work on the same
documents with automatic backup in the clouds and versioning.

I think its all about avoiding to work locally on different copies of a
document and then send it back and forth by email. Thats just too
old-school in my eyes.

--
cheers,
Thorsten