Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:51:40 +0100

Hello,

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 12:00:08PM +0800, James Harkins wrote:
>>
>> The H:10 is your problem.  Since you want 2nd level headlines to be
>> frames, it should be H:2.
>
> Ah. OK, that's an improvement.
>
> Still a problem, though. The old exporter preserves the outline structure
> under
> the frame level, as nested bullet lists. The new exporter flattens them.
>
> ***** In:
>
> * Section A
> ** Slide 1
> *** Third-level
> **** Fourth-level
>
> ***** Old exporter:
>
> Slide 1
> -------
> - Third-level
> -- Fourth-level
>
> ***** New exporter:
>
> Slide 1
> -------
> Third-level
> Fourth-level
>
> Should the new exporter change the appearance of my presentations so much?
> I'm
> hoping there's an option for this (as redoing the markup for 20 or more sets
> of
> class slides is... painful to contemplate).

Here's an excerpt from ox-beamer.el documentation:

;; - Headlines become frames when their level is equal to
;;   `org-beamer-frame-level' (or "H" value in the OPTIONS line).
;;   Though, if an headline in the current tree has a "BEAMER_env"
;;   (see below) property set to either "frame" or "fullframe", its
;;   level overrides the variable.  A "fullframe" is a frame with an
;;   empty (ignored) title.
;;
;; - All frames' children become block environments.  Special block
;;   types can be enforced by setting headline's "BEAMER_env" property
;;   to an appropriate value (see `org-beamer-environments-default'
;;   for supported value and `org-beamer-environments-extra' for
;;   adding more).

In particular, "All frames children become block environments". So in
your example Third-level is a block environment and Fourth-level is
a block within it. There's no flattening going on (look at the tex file
to convince yourself).

Nicolas Goaziou