Re: [O] Feature: Group and limit items in agenda

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Feature: Group and limit items in agenda
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:58:09 +0100

Hi Muchenxuan,

Muchenxuan Tong <address@hidden> writes:

> There's a 'org-agenda-before-sorting-filter-function' variable.
> However, I'm not able to use it for grouping things, because it's
> used as '(mapcar org-agenda-before-sorting-filter-function list)'
>
> Would it be useful to add another function here, not used in
> 'mapcar', but work directly on the whole list? I don't know whether
> it is worthy, and I'm OK if that's not general enough to be added,
> because I can use defadvice anyway :)

Well, I guess you don't want the grouping to take place *before* the
sorting, as the sorting may destroy it, so a defadvice is the way to
go here I'd say.  If your defadvice can be useful for others, please
consider adding it to Worg! (Just send me your public key and I'll
give you write access to Worg.)

Thanks,

--
 Bastien