Re: [O] C-c ^ not fully useful

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] C-c ^ not fully useful
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:46:55 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> [1] http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=30d6dc
> [2] http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=662cb9

While your commits are rather small, I would likely never have figured
out how to do them, the magic goes over my head.  It's a little like
playing go against someone who is far from your own level: you
objectively observe that the heavens is falling apart on your head, but
you just don't understand how nor why it is happening. :-)

By the way, Bastien, it seems that your correction wonderfully works.
It's so comfortable being able to see long lists of links (visually)
sorted in a correct way.  Thanks a lot for this.

François

P.S. About an option to sort the previous way, that is, by the physical
contents of the line, visible or not, I do not have a use case for it, I
would not need such an option.

I sometimes, yet not often, need to group together links by their
originating site, and then, the standard Emacs line sorting function
gave me a very good approximation, good enough for my little needs.