Re: [O] tabulated-list

From: Yann Hodique
Subject: Re: [O] tabulated-list
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:57:55 +0000

> Hi, Org people.
> This morning, I could not load Org because ox.el calls function
> tabulated-list, which does not seem to exist on this version of Emacs.
> So I fetched the one at https://github.com/sigma/tabulated-list.el to
> get going, but others will likely have the same problem.

Hi,

note that I uploaded this tabulated-list.el version as version 0 (since
unfortunately the builtin package doesn't have a version number...) in
marmalade. So that if org is made to depend on the tabulated-list
package *and* you have marmalade activated, M-x package-install should
handle the rest.

I guess a proper solution would have to have those packages in the
official ELPA as well, so that they can be made backward-compatible. But
all in all, packages for older Emacs versions are a mess.

Yann.

--
It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire.

  -- THUFIR HAWAT, Mentat and Security Commander to House Atreides